Hiring Organization / Company: Face Low-cost Animal Clinic
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
FACE Low-Cost Animal Clinic is searching for a clinic operations manager to join our team. If you enjoy helping people and their pets, then this is the place for you.
FACE is dedicated to reducing needless euthanasia by addressing the root causes of shelter intake: pet overpopulation and pet surrender. Our clinic provides spay/neuter, vaccine, and minor wellness care to nearly 30,000 dogs and cats annually.
By joining the FACE team, you will be able to help with overpopulation and make pet ownership a reality for people from all walks of life. As a nonprofit veterinary provider, we work especially with populations who love their pets but struggle with financial stability.
Job Profile: The clinic operations manager oversees day-to-day operations related to patient care and client education. The clinic operations manager works closely with the clinic’s medical director, veterinarians, and program operations manager to support the advancement of the organization’s mission.
- Ensure proper training of new employees according to written training plans and clinic policies and procedures.
- Supports on-going training and growth of current employees.
- Manages clinic appointment schedule and oversees scheduling to ensure proper number of patients are booked daily.
- Oversee, monitor, verify, submit/track inventory to ensure to adequate stocks of supplies are available. Oversee purchasing and shipments, delegate responsibilities as assigned for backup support and accountability.
- Coordinates staff schedules.
- Coordinate patient care and appointment scheduling needs for other animal welfare organizations.
- Collaborates with medical director and program operations manager to establish and implement protocols related to community cat care beyond Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
- Assists with implementation of subsidies and grants related to financial assistance programs for pets.
- Responds to client concerns in a professional manner.
- Collaborates with medical director to ensure staff are properly recording patient information in practice management system.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other individuals, companies, and organizations as they relate to FACE and its efforts.
- Manages a large team of customer service and veterinary support staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in management meetings.
- Assists with reporting of service delivery and clinic impact.
- Assists with the development and implementation of protocols.
- Assists with strengthening relationships with key donors.
- Responds to staff concerns and provides coaching.
- Works cooperatively with all team members.
- Report to work on time, and ready to work.
- Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone.
- Supervise maintenance and proper storage of supplies and office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior management experience
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Working experience with Microsoft office suite and CRM software
- Prior clinic skills preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Energetic team player with a passion for FACE’s mission.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person;
Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand.
- Noise level is moderate to very loud.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35-40 lbs. unassisted.
- Comfortable working around sick, injured, or unruly animals.
This position will require regular evening and weekend hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
All clients required to wear a mask, staff complete a daily health screening, and curbside check-in available for clients.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Management Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In 46201
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs these days. In most cases, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if you understand the place to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are a fantastic and regularly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide crucial coaching, assets, and systems for job seekers. These companies can also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A easy Web test for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can often be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into a long lasting job for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.