Hiring Organization / Company: Tegna
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
TEGNA, one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., is seeking a Director of Billing, Credit and Collections to join our Shared Services team, reporting to the VP of Shared Services. This position will be part of the TEGNA corporate team with company-wide responsibility but will be physically located at our NBC Affiliate in Indianapolis, WTHR.
The Director of Billing, Credit and Collections reports to the VP of Shared Services and manages the overall TEGNA Accounts Receivable shared services team. This team is responsible for credit approvals, cash application, broadcast log reconciliations, A/R reconciliations, billing and collection efforts in support of all TEGNA broadcast and digital entities. The Director of Billing and Collections is a forward thinking, strategically minded, customer focused individual with a strong ability to analyze data and develop recommendations. The perfect candidate will come from a similar size, high volume team with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with both collaborative and hands-on efforts. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high level.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day to day operations of a full cycle A/R team (Collections, Cash applications, Log reconciliations, Billing and Collections).
- Partner with VP of Shared Services to design and lead strategic activities with a focus on superior customer care.
- Review internal processes on an ongoing basis, identify potential opportunities to improve and implement necessary changes across the teams.
- Interact regularly with Sales leadership teams in support of local operations and overall status of A/R aging.
- Develop and administer invoice and collection processes and policies, and monitor adherence.
- Implement processes to improve cash flow and decrease accounts receivables.
- Evaluate and determine new key KPIs for credit and collections teams.
- Support the delivery of internal and external audit requirements.
- Manage the monthly close process of Accounts Receivable.
- Monthly review of bad debts and assist with bad debt provision analysis.
- Provide AR related reports and data as requested by Corporate management.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 12 years of relevant experience in Credit and Collections, and Accounts Receivables
- 7 years of experience managing a team in similar size company
- Direct functional management experience
- Experience in designing and enhancing processes
- Proven intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel as well as other MS Office product knowledge
- Exceptional internal and external collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be confident, well-organized, detail oriented, adaptable and reliable
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across functional teams and provide a credible voice for the AR team
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Experience in broadcast television/radio industry
- Experience and competence in using Wide Orbit Traffic system
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Attention To Detail
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you understand where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and frequently overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply crucial coaching, belongings, and methods for job seekers. These corporations may also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areashould discover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The end goal for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.