Hiring Organization / Company: Eastern Star Missionary Baptist Church
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of Family Connection and Membership
Department: Department of Ministries
Reports to: Chief Ministry Officer
Direct Reports: 5
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Prepared by: Human Resources
The mission of the Eastern Star Church ministry is evangelism and discipleship. We are committed to the great commission instituted by Jesus Christ that is to nurture and save souls. (Matthew 28:18-20). Everything we have done is to live out this vision that the Lord has given to our church family. From adding ministries to staffing, from building facilities to adding programs, from stewardship to membership, it has all been for the purpose of being obedient to the commission of Christ.
YOUR ROLE IN OUR MISSION
This position is responsible for directing the membership connections division that tracks and administers membership services, cradle to grave. The Membership Connections division encourages membership to grow in their relationship with Christ by providing accountability around ESC member expectations, providing assistance during member life events and encouraging members to use their spiritual gifts in the church & community.
- Lead and develop Barnabas Ministry & Assimilation Ministry members
- Develop, implement and evaluate New Member Orientation (in-person and virtually) for children and adults
- Lead and train New Member Orientation teachers and assistants in the Assimilation Ministry
- Oversee intake coordination at all services including Sunday services, bible studies and special services at all campuses
- Supervise and evaluate systems to track member involvement
- Supervise the development of the Link Ministry
- Supervise and evaluate programs to educate congregation about their spiritual gifts and where their gifts can be used in ministry (i.e. Ministry Fairs, etc.)
- Supervise the follow up process for new members and inactive members
- Manage and evaluate effectiveness of the church Shelby database, including but not limited to:
- The process of maintaining accurate membership information
- The process of tracking accurate giving methods
- The process for reaching congregation via robocalls/emails
- The system of creating reports for staff and membership
- Supervise the development and evaluation of various life events i.e. Baptism, Communion, Baby Dedication and Weddings
- Supervise the activities of the Rock Fresh Market and Urban Farm
- Coordinate funeral process with CARE Exhortation Manager
- Coordinate with Communications staff for publications of brochures, calendars, posters, flyers, Exalt articles and related communications to help explain and promote member education direction
- Attend staff meetings and strategic planning sessions contributing and providing appropriate reports and information as requested
- Develop and monitor budget, expenditures and projections
- Prepare oral and written reports as requested
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and community representatives
- Develop an effective work plan that prioritizes and outlines outcomes and timelines
- Conduct and facilitate annual evaluations with employees
- Conduct and facilitate weekly staff meetings
- Oversee the direct report that researches, develops, plans, implements, manages and evaluates comprehensive recreation activities and programs to enrich the fellowship of the congregation, outreach to the community, and provide leadership and supervision of volunteers involved in this ministry, including summer day camp and wellness
- Knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing and spreadsheets. Ability to operate personal computer, calculator, copy and fax machine, phone, mobile or portable radio and automobile
- Supervise the Guest Connection activities
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and IDEAL CHARACTERISTICS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform at satisfactory.
The Director of Family Connection and Membership must be an active member of Eastern Star Church for at least 3 years and a consistent giver as an opportunity to show God Owns It All by giving back to Him the first of what He gives us. The ideal candidate will also have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of related experience.
- Should have solid understanding of basic Christian beliefs and theology
- Must have the spiritual gifts of Administration
- Ability to manage in a virtual environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with administration, supervisor, staff, volunteers, congregation and the community
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before small and large groups
- Ability to effectively read, interpret and present information to top management, the congregation, volunteers and the community
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and data furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and develop outcomes
- A Valid Indiana Driver’s License is required
DESIRED RELATIONAL SKILLS
A mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong and well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency in public and in private, a commitment to moral purity, healthy relationships with others, and healthy relationships with spouse and family (if married).
As faithful stewards, we expect all Eastern Star Church and affiliate entities staff to become a member of Eastern Star Church within 90 days of hire. Eastern Star Church leaders are required to sign the Discipleship Policy Agreement which includes giving of your time, treasure and talent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of, but not limited to, those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to reach, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to observe an area that can be seen up or down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In 46218
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Generally, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center can be simple if you already know the place to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and regularly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually provide important training, assets, and systems for activity seekers. Those firms can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Web scan for job firms for your areashould discover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top goal for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.