Hiring Organization / Company: State Of Indiana
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the Indiana Office of Technology (IOT):
To provide cost-effective, secure, consistent, reliable enterprise-technology services to our partner agencies so that they can better serve our mutual customer, the Hoosier taxpayer. IOT will also act as the technology and solution enabler for the State, helping its partner agencies achieve business objectives and innovation.
The starting salary for this position may be commensurate with education and/or experience.
About the Job:
The Deputy/Asst IT Director will oversee mainframe service delivery and the employees responsible for supporting its operation for the Indana Office of Technology. This position will serve as a key role for IOT by helping shape the future direction of mainframe service delivery, ensure best practices and governance both within the IOT and with outside agencies. The position will provide leadership and subject matter expertise on IT projects.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Provides leadership and management for the Indiana Office of Technologies' mainframe team;
- Manages a staff comprised of mainframe system programmers and administrators, focused on supporting mainframe hardware infrastructure, System Z Operating systems, and general System Z systems administration;
- Manage all aspects of variuous agency and customer related mainframe support functions;
- Manages complex IT projects;
- Assists the IOT executive team in enterprise resource planning, best practice implementation, strategy development, process improvement, team building, and client relationships;
- Establishes, tracks and manages project-related Key Performance Indicators for the IOT;
- Provides project advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures related to strategic IOT and outside agency mainframe projects;
- Supervises staff and sets priorites for the mainframe team;
- Assists the IOT executive team in the budgeting process;
- Manages mainframe and operation;
- Reconciles conflicts regarding project resources, deadlines, and standards;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Provide strong leadership and motivational skills to guide team in solving complex dynamic problems;
- Writes periodic progress, project status, and problems resolution reports for management review;
- May represent IOT at events or meetings;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of this role.
What You'll Need for Success:
- 15 years full-time professional work experience in Information Technology systems administration, preferably with a mainframe background. or 10 years full-time Information Technology Management experience;
- Ability to bridge technology and business goals to provide productive solutions;
- Must have excellent people, interpersonal communication, and relational skills in order to build and foster a strong working relationship between IOT teams and outside agency executives;
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong communication skills
- Must exhibit sound judgment and a high level of initiative and flexibility;
- Experience mangaging a budget;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Ability to manage large multi-agency projects effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, and manage a staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In 46204
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Most often, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be simple if you understand where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly supply vital training, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These firms may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areashould discover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The end purpose for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can recurrently be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting task for the people who perform smartly right through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.