Hiring Organization / Company: Bethany Christian Services
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: req4301
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Hours: Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As an Office Manager, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring effective operations at the site location; and providing administrative support to the program and potentially staff based on the requirements of the role. This individual is may also be responsible for reconciling and addressing all billing errors to ensure accurate billing with no profit loss.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective operations of the office related to administrative tasks;
- May oversee Administrative Assistants and other clerical support staff;
- Promptly address incoming calls and route them to the appropriate person;
- Assist with arranging for replacements as needed to ensure adequate staffing for the needs of the program;
- Coordinate on-site duties and tasks in partnership with supervisory staff to meet the goals and objectives of the program;
- Manage and maintain the record-keeping process to ensure there is an effective filing system in which information is forwarded smoothly;
- Maintain a schedule of appointments, and arrange conferences, interviews, and meetings, as requested;
- Run various reports, and draft correspondence and/or transcribe meeting notes, as requested;
- May reconcile and address all billing errors to ensure accurate billing with no profit loss;
- Sort and distribute branch mail, along with scheduling mail pick-ups and deliveries;
- Oversee office supply inventory and order approved materials as needed;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Completed other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- At least one (1) year of experience working with clients, or at least two (2) years of experience working with clients, strongly preferred;
- May need at least one (1) year of experience managing others based on the essential function of the role;
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency, preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service;
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change; Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In 46250
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. In most cases, you’ll haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are a couple of folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply vital training, property, and techniques for activity seekers. These companies may also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A easy Internet scan for job firms to your areaought to uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The tip goal for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into an enduring task for the people who perform well all over their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.