Hiring Organization / Company: Fedex Supply Chain
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
- Responsible for loading/unloading packages onto/off of appropriate trailer by scanning, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling packages up to 100 lbs. in weight in a safe and efficient manner.
- Required to read labels, verify numbers and carry out work instructions while achieving required productivity metrics.
- General housekeeping tasks including sweeping, unpacking, and “detrashing” of vehicles and/or shipments.
- Attend safety meetings as required and notify management immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
- May assist in orientation of new hire package handlers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, and 0-2 years of related experience.
- May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
- Knowledge of loading/unloading trailers preferred.
- Knowledge of FedEx shipping software including PScan preferred.
- Knowledge of NASCR cafe system (labeling system) preferred.
- Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
- Contributes to a safe working environment
- Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
- May be required to have a Dangerous Goods certification and prepare shipments per Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Required to obtain Load - T-stacking certification
- Required to obtain CAN inspection certification
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
Job Location Information:
Location: Plainfield, In
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. In most cases, you’ll have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are several other folks out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be easy if you understand where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an out of this world and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply critical coaching, assets, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms may also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet experiment for job firms in your areashould uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top goal for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly right through their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.