Hiring Organization / Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Summary :The Patient Financial Advocate (PFA) position serves as the hospital’s primary contact for all patient billing inquiries, customer service, and financial assistance needs. Acts as a liaison between HRH hospitals patients, providers, and payers for all post-care matters related to account resolution. Provides information regarding hospital billing practices, policies, and patient billing statements. Assists patients in understanding billing statements to ensure swift resolution of outstanding balances. Fulfills the organization’s mission of care and service by providing superior customer service to the patient community. This position is also responsible for assisting patients in the process of completing financial assistance applications, educating them about their financial responsibility, and helping them identify a path toward resolving their balances. This role involves communicating with patients both in person and over the phone, and requires a high level of customer service.
- Provide patient estimates to our customers when price shopping whether patient are uninsured or looking to see what balances might be with current insurance coverage.
- Accepts inbound phone calls from patients, physician offices, insurance carriers, etc. within a specific response-to-call timeframe and with the intent to resolve the caller’s concern immediately.
- Responds promptly to patient inquiries regarding hospital billing procedures, policies, and statements.
- Utilizes multiple resources to resolve patient inquiries while on the phone or preparing/reviewing billing correspondence.
- Collects patient payments and follows levels of authority for posting adjustments, refunds, and contractual allowances.
- Understands different payer regulations and can communicate effectively with patients regarding their Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Documents all patient accounts activities concisely, including future steps needed for resolution.
- Prepares written responses to patients and customers regarding account resolution and complaint recovery.
- Interacts effectively with other administrative departments and hospital service areas on a daily basis to facilitate patient account resolution.
- Identifies barriers to efficient departmental operations and takes an active role in developing appropriate and effective solutions.
- Ensures financial assistance applications are accurately filled out and complete then applying appropriate adjustment and/or following HRH application processing guidelines for approvals.
- Works in conjunction with on-site state social worker or outside eligibility vendor to assist in the appropriate completion of Medicaid applications, ensuring this funding source is maximized based on patients’ eligibility.
- Helps patients develop a plan to resolve their liabilities, including by setting patients up on payment plans according to HRH guidelines.
- Ability to provide full coverage for most positions within the department during vacations or illnesses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience Required:
1. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
2. Experience of 1-2 years with patient billing and account payment procedures within a health care organization is preferred.
Work Shift :1st Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours :40
Job Location Information:
Location: Danville, In 46122
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are several people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can be simple if the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an incredible and frequently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide important training, assets, and techniques for process seekers. Those firms will also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A easy Web scan for job firms for your areashould discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The end objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can usually be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long lasting activity for the people who carry out neatly right through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.