Hiring Organization / Company: Orthoindy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Department: OIH Sterile Processing
Shift Details: Mon - Fri, 8hr shifts varied
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
General Statement of Duties:
The Sterile Processing Technician performs decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, sterilization, storage and distribution of surgical instrumentation and equipment while following AAMI guidelines. The Technician performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Assembles all instrument procedure trays, packs, and kits according to the prescribed manner using content lists as a guide. Wraps packages and handles all items following procedures. Marks items with identifying data and distributes or stores in designated area. Performs tray assemblage, proper packing and preparation of all applicable supplies from sterilization. Monitors sterility dates on supplies.
- Cleans contaminated instruments, using manufacturer IFUs and department procedures, by use of manual cleaning process, handwashing, ultrasonic, and automatic washer.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, utensils, linen, and supplies using various types of autoclaves. Loads autoclaves in the prescribed manner and sets controls to specified time and temperature according to material and requirements of items being sterilized. Completes appropriate documentation records prior to sterilization. Reads and initials autoclave paper to verify appropriate sterilization cycle and provides required records for inspection. Processes all items appropriately using Sterrad or steam sterilization.
- Reassembles equipment after cleaning and operates to test for proper functioning. Replaces lost or damaged parts such as tubes, containers, and connectors from stock on hand. Completes required forms and transfers inoperable equipment to the appropriate holding area for repair.
- Ensures proper operation of autoclave unit prior to use on a daily basis. Inspects steam autoclaves for visible signs of malfunction and reports to manager. Properly loads and operates all sterilizers, Sterrad and steam, using biological and chemical control tests as required by the department. Runs biological and chemical tests and records results in appropriate log.
- Able to prioritize work load based on surgery schedule. Demonstrates teamwork and communication skills with all departments and peers. Communicates department needs to appropriate leadership.
- Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe work environment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification required
1-2 years of Sterile Processing Technician experience required
- 2-4 years of SPD Technician experience preferred
- BLS certification required
- Certified Instrument Specialist certification Preferred
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In 46254
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Typically, you’ll don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a few people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can be easy if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an implausible and often overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply important training, belongings, and programs for process seekers. Those companies may also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areaought to uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top objective for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can recurrently be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform well all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.