Hiring Organization / Company: Pearson
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Virtual Schools provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Online Academy. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers, and leadership, Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working from a home office and occasionally from the Columbia, MD office, the Special Populations Operations Administrator will be responsible for assisting with the consultant team with running compliance data reports, contracting, invoicing, and assisting the special education team as needed. The Special Populations Operations Administrator will follow internal quality control measures and assist in maintaining up-to-date text with a focus on continuous improvement of applications to ensure success for both new and existing business.
This position requires a high degree of attention to detail, the ability to multitask effectively, excellent writing and communication skills, and the ability to work across multiple departments and levels within the company.
- Manage requirements documentation from authorizers, clients, and stakeholders through all stages of contracting and renewal process;
- After Agreement signed by Contractor, verify all documentation received are valid;
- Ensure team successfully submits compliant, timely, high-quality applications/proposals;
- Write or edit significant portions of contracts and/or amendments for quality content, tone, consistency, responsiveness, alignment to requirements, and competitiveness;
- Research and incorporate state-specific requirements into contracts, renewals, and amendments as appropriate.
- Understand and keep current on important aspects of the company including curriculum, finance, operations, and data;
- Maintain tracking system for contracts and ensure contracts are current;
- Accurately prepare and electronically deliver contracts and other related documents;
- Assist special education directors in various states with all aspects of the contracting process, including fulfilling AT requests.
- Update and review compliance reports for consistency and accuracy;
- Review monthly contractor invoices for consistency and accuracy; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $45,000. This position is not bonus eligible.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 3 years of proposal development and writing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional written communication skills required
- Excellent PC skills required, including experience with Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Education industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying delivery schedules
- Positive attitude with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Customer Centric – Acts with a strong customer mindset (both internal and external) and is a visible advocate for the customer. Builds strong relationships with customers and uses those to improve their experience and outcomes.
- Delivering Financial Results – A strong track record of delivering against budgets and commitments.
- Communications - A great communicator who engages teams and stakeholders with thoughtful delivery and messages that resonate.
- Building a strong team - Creates strong morale and inclusive spirit within the team, Proactively addresses team performance and communication challenges and blends new people into teams when needed. Has a track record of hiring and quickly and effectively onboarding great talent. Demonstrated success in developing and promoting talent.
- Works well in a matrix - Models collaboration, solves problems with peers, builds trust and support.
- Takes personal responsibility – Can be relied on to complete tasks timely and well, demonstrates “ownership” regardless of the outcome, proactive in exploring and exploiting new opportunities.
- High level of integrity and transparency;
- High degree of flexibility;
- Positive attitude;
- Evidence of a strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated team player
Primary Location : US-Remote
Job : Learning Delivery
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 21, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2110328
Job Location Information:
Location: Indianapolis, In
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Most often, you’ll haven’t any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of people available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be simple if you recognize where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and regularly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply important training, property, and methods for process seekers. Those firms can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms for your areamust discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip function for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise develop into into a long lasting task for the individuals who perform smartly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.